Hey guys Robert Andrew here. You have made a great decision to visit and hopefully become a regular reader of my Blog.
What this Blog is not about : Selling crappy products like ridiculous Fad Diets, weight loss pills, and generally a Blog more focused about me making as much money as I can off you.
What this Blog is about : Providing really great information and consultation from my own experiences in the last couple of decades, and doing constant research and developing a weight loss program through trial and error. My first hand experience in helping others will get you on the right track in losing weight and getting fit and healthy. Sure, I do make a little money when people invest in some of my OWN Flagship Weight Loss Programs !
But I really just love to help people (and I have many I have worked with) become more happy with their self image and more happy with their Life in general.
I really am here to help you so feel free to contact me at my personal email for any advice or for free consultation. It’s email@example.com
Once again Welcome,
I cannot believe the kickoff of Summer is a littler more than a month away ! Labor day Weekend is the official weekend so I know many of you are looking for Weight Loss Solutions to get you in the shape of your Life.
Well, here is one way; just don’t eat. I am just kidding
However, I think going all out with some crazy diet is a mistake, really !! It will be only a temporary band aid for more important weight loss solutions that need to be addressed.
Here are three variables that contribute in gaining weight and being obese and what you can do about them !
1. Emotional Eater – Many times gaining a large amount of weight and keeping it on has to do with emotional strain that one may not even realize. And this is causing an unhealthy life. Stuff that has to do with early life of a person like something a negative a person heard over and over again i.e. “Your too big, lose some weight, and put that fork down”. Name calling from classmates as well can be stored in someone’s memory bank’s and be a cause of depression and ultimately obesity. Weight loss solutions for this include therapy and surrounding one self with people who are positive and uplifting !
2. Stressed out or nervous Eater – I can plead guilty to this. Many times in the past I would feel nervous and feel like I had to have a snack in my hand or a cool beverage in the other. It is tough to find weight loss solutions when you deal with a lot of stress. Personally, I have learned to take out my stress with exercise including running and lifting weights. There are hundreds of exercises that release endorphins in your head and reduce the amount of stress and over eating.
3. The over eater – I also plead guilty to this. I just love to eat. It is enjoyable. Do you cope with this ? Use the pleasure principle. When you feel like eating to pleasure yourself just think how much more pleasure when you push your self away from the table and get that toned body you have always wanted
I hope some of these weight loss solutions to some major eating problems can help you and get your weight to a healthy level..
Cheers to a great Summer,
Well, Christmas and New Years is officially over. And we are about to end the first week of the new month in 2013.
What are you guys’ goals and desires for this New Year of 2013 ??
Do some of you want to lose a large amount of weight or maybe a just a few inches around the hips and thighs or maybe you want to cut down on the sugar and junk food in your diet and become that much more healthier !
Maybe you have an end result with all this ,like becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, maybe get more dates, or just maybe you want to see your spouse’s face when you look like a knockout !
We all might have somewhat different goals but in the end it comes down to being healthy and being at a weight which you can be proud. This is pretty much desired by most of us !!
And I think all this over rides everything including building up your and improving relationships. Because in the end if you are really unhealthy having a relationship or becoming prosperous will not matter as you will be too sick to pursue such endeavors.
So for 2013 let’s think about ways you can increase your fitness and shed the pounds off.
1. Join a gym or have your own home gym with only a few dumb bells needed.
2. Eat more lean proteins like fish and sirloin, good carbs like carrots and oranges, whole grains, some dairy products like cottage cheese, and just the right amount of fats like cashews.
3. Try to do 30 minutes of exercising 3 times a week and only 3 times a week. That is all you will need. Walking, Swimming,circuit weight training are a few good ones.
4. Mediating and visualization are very effective. Meditating includes doing relaxed breathing in a quiet place and think about nothing but the air coming thru your nostrils and going out through your mouth
5. Finally, get plenty of Sleep. At least 7 hours of deep sleep per night !!
Follow these steps and your 2013 we get off to a fantastic start.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and to those who do not celebrate any of these I want to give you warm greetings for now and also the New Year !
I will be heading on a family trip to my parents in a few days. We will be going from Southern Texas to East Tennessee where they live and where I grew up my entire Life for the most part ! Yep, it is just over 1,000 miles !
It will be my wife and our two daughters in our Chevy SUV. They are 4 and 2 years and 10 months old. Of course, we are a little bit anxious but the girls have made this trip numerous times. We just keep our fingers cross that they will not get out out of hand. Of course, having Barney on the DVD screen helps tremendously
I know I will be eating a little bit more than usual along with all of my family these Holidays. I will also be working out with my Wife and brothers. I might put in a few extra sets of circuit training to combat the excess food I will be consuming.
I know many of you will be eating a lot during these Holidays especially Christmas day and New Years (Eve) !
Remember my mantra. Balance , Balance, and more Balance.
If you eat huge amounts of Turkey and gravy and a slice of pecan pie that’s fine………but maybe the next day have some wheat bread and make a nice little turkey sandwich with a small garden salad on the side.
Have fun in Life but do not go overboard and do not be excessive.
Once again be safe if you are traveling and have the Merriest of Times, and I will see ya after the New Year !!
P.S. Please keep the good folks in Connecticut in your Prayers. Sometimes the Holidays are not Merry for some. And they need all the prayers and support we can give them. God Bless
I hope you are having a good Holiday weekend.
I know many of you had a good turkey lunch or dinner with all the fixings .
I sure know I did !!
I went over to my Aunt Rosie’s for the Big day. We had about 40 relatives for the chow down. And everybody brought at least one item of food or drink.
So it was a huge smorgasbord of sweet potatoes, gravy and turkey with stuffing, green bean caseroles, home made rolls, sweet tea, pecan pie, apple pie, and a whole lot of other goodies included.
I must have ate over 2,000 calories for that meal. However, I kind of planned my whole week around this festival of eating and ate accordingly!
Today, though I really cut down on all my fats, carbs and calories in general. Plus, I did some resistance circuit training to up my Cardio and muscle training. It was a good workout.
Needless to say, as I am writing this I feel pretty darn proud of the way I rebounded today. Most people I know eat through the whole weekend ,and I have done that a few times in the past. However, it is not worth it.
I encourage all of you who ate without abandonment this Thanksgiving to balance out the rest of the weekend with ‘clean food’ and well proportioned meals.
As I always say: Balance, balance, and more balance.
Cheers guys to a great Thanksgiving and a soon to be Christmas,
Just got back from Library time with my two youngins. Their Grandma accompanies us ,and we always have a good time. It is especially fun for our girls because they are not in any preschool right now. One will be 4 years old in less than two weeks. The other will be three in February !
I know people ask us was it hard to have them so close in age. I just retort that it was; Definitely ! But so worth it.
Anyway, after the library Grandma graciously offered to take us on a big splurge…..well McDonalds. lol The kids including Bubba their cousin just love to go there and eat and play on the inside playground. It is in the low 50s here today and that is cold for south Texas. So this sounded perfect.
Well, I ended up indulging myself with a Mac Ribs combo and was hungry on top of that so I got another small fry and a double cheeseburger on the dollar menu.
It came out to well over 1,000 calories. I was not too disappointed with myself as I will have to take it up a notch for today’s workout. And maybe go a little easy on my 2 cheat meals on the weekend.
As most of my Readers know I strongly advocate at least 2 maybe 3 cheat meals on the weekends with no more than 3,500 calories consumed overall.
These cheat meals will keep you motivated and enable you to enjoy Life just as long as you eat clean meals during the week. Lots of lean proteins and fruit and vegetables !
So you all can strike me down with a shovel as I did a little pre-cheating during the week. But it sure was darn good and I will get back on track tonight.
Hey guys. Maybe the Headlines in my Post seems a little bit on the condescending side ? Frankly, I know it is, but sometimes people need a good swift kick in the underside to give them a dose of reality and get them moving forward on the right track.
If you think it is just too harsh for your taste….then in all due respect you may consider going to another boring, fluff filled weight loss blog selling weight loss pills. Pardon the French, but you will not find that sh!t here . Never
Anyway, I will make this short and to the point today ! Well, maybe not short !
Now onwards shall we….
To lose weight and get fit and healthy is simple. It ain’t rocket science. On the same token shedding the pounds can be difficult. Believe me just because something is simple doesn’t mean it is easy.
Especially those last few pounds that you are striving to burn off. I can attest to this because it has been tough in the past to do it myself.
So how do you get on the right track to losing weight and getting fit ?
1. GET ENOUGH SLEEP – I cannot stress how important this is ! Most people overlook this variable in the weight losing equation. Personally, I go for a minimum of 6 quality hours a night. I try to hit 7 to 8 hours but it only happens about 50% of the time. So a quality 6 hours a night does it with me. And this also includes a few minutes of power naps during the day. One of the main benefits of Sleeping well is that many Hormones like HGH are optimally produced during this time. HGH also known as Human Growth Hormone does many wonders to your body. One of the main ones is increasing your metabolic rate of your body and producing lean muscle….which all adds up to a lean mean body fat removing machine.
2. STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR – You betcha I am going to let my two girls literally drown their precious bodies with snicker and twix bars for Halloween tomorrow, but dammit you should not do it. Their Metabolisms are operating at a much faster rate than a grown up. So your youngins will have that crap burned off faster than a fly over a bonfire within a few days of consumption . BOTTOM LINE…. Fat does not make you fat sugar makes you fat. It wreaks havoc on your Hormones especially Insulin. And any spike upwards or downwards in Insulin will result in an increased glucose level in your Blood and a increased or expansion of your Fat cells. So any food you get take a look at the back and make sure the sugar grams are under 10 !
3. CONTROL THE STRESS – We all have it. If you have kids, a job, or care for sick parents or pretty much dealing with life in general….. there is no getting around having stressful events. Notice how I use the word stressful events. There is a big difference between having stress and having stressful events. The latter entails that you will have something that could be deemed stressful but it is how you deal with it that counts. For me I use a lot of medication, I mean meditation lol ! Whether it be praying to an actual God or just closing your eyes and using deep breathing techniques to deal with those stressful events in your Life and rid the actual stress from your body and mind. I use a combination of both. And I find a quiet corner with no outside noise or distraction. I try to do this at least 5 minutes everyday. It will help if you practice it on an ongoing basis !
Remember stress is conducive to binge eating and impulsive consumption of crappy foods.
And it really screws around with your hormones especially one called Cortisol. Cortisol helps regulate sugar, movement of carbs, proteins ,and fats in and out of cells. When you get really stressed out over a long period of time your body will be bathed in Cortisol. This in turn spikes insulin levels which leads to nasty things like Obesity and Diabetes. Foods like casein- rich cottage cheese, fruits especially berries, whole grains, and mushrooms will help combat this spike in Cortisol.
But to avoid any of this just work on some of the techniques above to keep stressful events from becoming stressful on your body !
So in meantime, when I go around the hood with my daughters tomorrow , I will be smiling from ear to ear as they are dressed in their Sponge Bob and Police Woman Costumes eating their reese cups and I am drinking my Smart Water to my heart’s content! A perfect atmosphere for a great Halloween
Have a safe and good one guys,
Okay guys. You see this title of the post and you are scratching your head. You say what is Rob talking about and has he gone mad? I know it does sound a little bit out there !
But just hold on for a second and hear me out on this.
We always talk about ways to get fit and slimmer on this Blog. I talk about ways that have and continue to do the trick for myself on a weekly and monthly level as well present general and specific info. that can help guide you on your weight loss journey.
One of the ways we probably need to talk about more is really the most important aspect of losing weight. And that is what happens between your ears; the mindset you carry when going on this long journey of better health.
One of the things I always stress is how Meditation along with Spirituality can really help transform your body. Seeing the body you want by visualizing it in Meditation will help you get there is a real and sometimes subconscious way.
What I am trying to get at is this…….. Spirituality and Meditation leads to a certain amount of divinity which in turn equates to a certain amount of Godliness.
If you are an Atheist the Godly part of this , Spirituality and Divinity, is left out of the equation.
Personally, I believe that there is a higher Being than myself and it motivates me to be the best I can be knowing that especially in my Health. The fact that this Higher Being is partly making it all happen is very,very important to me. And I know it is to many others too.
Look I am not trying to be preachy here (well maybe sort of ) but just consider (even a little bit) that there is a Godly figure that we cannot see or hear .
I am not advocating a particular religious faith ,but to think that everything you do is the result of you and you only is naive and in my opinion misinformed !
Conversely, I know people who are Atheist and Agnostic who are very successful in Life including the area of health and fitness.
But, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Spirituality has played a huge part in my Lifestyle, and the way I live it including staying healthy and fit !!
Enough of my Rant!
I hope you guys are having a good weekend. Am I ?? Well, its been pretty good. Right now the kids are being put the sleep for the regularly afternoon nap. So I got a chance to get here and post a quick Thread.
Last night we had a real cool family event. Well, if you want to call going to Walmart ( actually Sams) and eating some fresh cheesy pepperoni pizza with light lemonade a great time well then you are as boring as we are.
No, actually it was fun to be with my Wifey and the two small young ones gorging down some really excellent pizza at our heart’s content. Yes, and I am not embarrassed to say that Sams has some really good pizza. A little greasy but the cheese is really, really good.
Other than that, I felt like I had a good week workout wise as I met every workout that I had planned to do. Monday, hard cardio at 4.3 miles running under 8 minutes a mile.
Tuesday, my crunch/pushup day with some dumbbell power circuit workout added in. Total rest on Wednesday except for light Abs.
Thursday, hard cardio exactly like Monday.
Friday, hit a good quality dumb bell workout with crunches and push ups !! Again it was high intense circuit training. For those who do not know what power circuit training it is basically doing resistance training at a very high pace with little rest between sets. You get the benefits of Cardio and weightlifting at the same time!
I was happy and I remain at 180lbs, a solid 180 lbs mind you, with a 5’11 structure.
My wife starts getting back into the swing of her workout regimen starting Monday. I am proud of her “stick to inveness “. I know she is getting excited to resume her exercising.
Tonight, well we plan to do some grocery shopping ,and I have one more cheat meal for the weekend so I might use it up before shopping.
So my point with this seemingly meaningless thread ? To let you a know a little bit about what is going on in my Life and to more importantly show you the benefits and the importance of rewarding yourself with TWO cheat meals a week if you have stuck by your weekly goals.
Come on folks, you can have fun while losing weight and keeping fit at the save time . Try it you will like it !