Archive for June, 2012
Hey guys don’t get jelly but I am here at Hilton Head, South Carolina and enjoying the cool ocean breeze and rumbling waves. We rented a house right on the beach. It is so sweet. But it cost up the wazoo so this is pretty much a once in a decade or two kind of vacation. Its really relaxing.
So I decided to get in a little Post in the Blog right now while the family is taking a brief nap.
First of all ,the only bad thing happening right now is that my achilles tendon and a upper leg soreness that are kind of messed up. It all started to hurt right after a run about 2 weeks ago, and has remained sore and tender every since. I tried running on the sand here but it is still hurting pretty bad. Thats when I went to my secret arsenal to stay in shape and look hot.
What I did and have done each day here at the Beach is a 20 minute high intense interval resistance training. For me that is:
1. 300 pushups with sets of regular, wide grip, small spread grip, incline and decline pushups. I rested about 20 seconds between each. Of course, you can do smaller reps and sets ; just depending on your level.
2.Then I went to do 3 sets of crunches with about 30 seconds rest between each. I also did 3 sets leg lifts to target lower abs and about 30 seconds rest between.
3. Lastly , I did some side ab stretches to get the side obliques and capped it off with some lower back lifts to get some work there.
All this gave me a real cardio workout along with some resistance training for lean muscle. The quicker you do sets with little rest the more Cardio benefit you will get !! And the more fat you burn off.
BTW, I did some swimming in our beach pool and that is so beneficial whether you have a leg injury or not. I highly recommend this !!
So learn to be creative when one part of your body is not working properly. It is not really hard once you educate yourself a little bit.
Thats about it for now.
I will go sip a Marguerita before my kids wake up !!
Robert Andrew here.
I know you have been asking me about it for awhile now and I can give you the good news that my new Weight Loss Program which has been in the works for a year now is finally here. And it is all the rave on the Internet !! Well, at least my alter ego says it is. But I digress because there really is some ‘good’ crap in it !!
Its called 5 Secret Tricks to Lose Weight and Look Hot and in it I reveal the 5 factors that I use and that you must address and overcome to look slim and hot…and how to do it ! This is some really good stuff you can use to get slimmer and healthier ! I use this exact principles for my own fitness. No fluff here, whatsoever !!
But, Listen to this …..For a few months this year ,I have decided to give you all something really special. Instead of the regular price for $20, I am giving my new my weight loss program away for a dirt cheap $5.99 and there is a 100% Money Back Guarantee if not satisfied !! You cant beat that ,but I am doing this for a few months until some time in the Fall !
So hurry for this ridiculous price and get the program today for $5.99 while this price last !! Paypal accepted.
I can attest like most people that cravings for certain foods especially snacks like cookies, chips,soda, crackers etc..can be somewhat over whelming. And they can be the difference in whether you are over weight or not.
The fact is foods like this raise levels of serotonin and endorphins. This creates a happy state and makes people keep coming back to these high carbs , high sugar and fat foods. As a result, our society keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Here are a few tips in keeping down those craving and keeping at a healthy state :
1. Keeping fruit around in your purse or near you will keep insulin from spiking thus decreasing cravings.
2. Always be prepared ! If you know you are going to have a hectic day during the afternoon and crave bad foods at this time, then stash away carrots, nuts, low sugar protein bars, hard boiled eggs, or any prepared food under 175 calories and below 7 grams of sugar.
3. I would stay away from high protein diets diets like Atkins.What happens is this will cause serotonin to fall sharply and as a result will make you more moody and reach for sweets and refined carbs as a solution. This is a no-no
4. Keep your body moving at all possible times. My brother does Telemarketing and recently they have let him he can stand up and move some while taking calls. The cravings people have who move around a lot are less than those people who are sedentary. Remember, working out re balances your hormones and releases the feel good chemicals in your system !!
5. Drink Water. At least 2 liters a day. This will help take those cravings down. And it will flush out your system in an effective and efficient way.
Hope this helps some of you all to stop some of those hard to conquer cravings
P.S. I am going on Vacation with the Family for the next 4 weeks so see in July !
I remember in the 70′ and 80′ when the East German Women’s Olympic sprinters and middle distance runners dominated the competition. They annihilated everyone including the US runners.
But they looked like miniature Arnold Schwarzeneggers. They had wide muscular shoulders and biceps that were busting at the seams. Their thighs look liked they could run forever. Some even had hair on the face and were essentially ‘she men’ ! Well, as many suspected including my young mind back then that these East German women were on Anabolic Steroids most notably Testosterone !!
There is no arguing that these women had a considerable edge with steroids. However, it hasnt been just this sport but many other sports including most recently Baseball. The thing is many of these athletes failed to understood the longtime repercussions of using massive amounts of synthetic steroids like Testosterone. It can result in kidney and liver failure as well as heart disease and other medical problems.
So are steroids like Testosterone ALWAYS hurtful for anyone ?? Well, the testosterone that is made naturally in your body is very, very beneficial. So NO !
Testosterone is formed in the adrenal glands and ovaries for women. Testosterone is as important to women as it is for men. It builds muscle, burns fat, increases sex drive, boost energy, strengthens bones, makes you have more optimistic thinking, helps with depression. And in women stable amounts of Testosterone increases assertiveness !
Unfortunately, as you get older and aging sets upon you Testosterone levels decrease in Men and Women.
But there are certain things you can do and eat to get back that Testosterone to reasonable levels. Here they are listed :
1. Eat more beta- carotene foods like orange and yellow veggies and green leafy veggies.
2.Eat more foods that are high in Vitamin B found in things like Beef,and veggies.
3.Eat foods containing Boron which includes fruit, nuts, and legumes.
4.Eating more amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and they are found in eggs, poultry, fish,meats, as well as supplements.
Remember. tests have shown that high fat food tends to alter Testosterone to the downside. Limit your meat intake to 3 days a week and increase your fish and poultry intake as well as increasing mono-saturated fats like nuts and olive oil and avocados. This get those Testosterone levels back up!.
Remember, Testosterone can be one of the most beneficial hormones in your body. That is if you are not sticking a needle in your arm to get it ;(
See ya guys