Archive for the ‘how to lose weight after pregnancy’ Category
Damn, I wish I could just do my circuit training workouts and sweat my butt off and eat to my heart’s content
Well we all know that working out and exercise is just one part of the equation in losing weight and staying fit.
You also have to adopt a healthy dietary intake.
And here are 10 super foods to help you get healthy and give you some tips to lose belly fast !
1.Chocolate (Cocoa )- Don’t say no to chocolate. Cocoa can make you smile from ear to ear.And as long as you eat in healthy proportions it can release good feeling chemicals in your brain called serotonin and endorphins. It also is rich with flavenoids which is a substance that may help prevent things like stroke, heart disease and diabetes. Can you imagine a proportionate amount of diabetes keeping you from getting diabetes. :>)
2. Red Wine – It is very true that one glass of red wine is definitely good to have per day. The main point is having self control in having one glass Red wine is made with the dark skin and seeds of grapes which have antioxidents benefits from polyphenols and a plant compound called resveratrol. Scientist have shown this to be a inhibitor in the growth of different types of cancer( including lymph, liver, prostrate, stomach and breast) And also can prevent blood clots. Also grape juice has similarly benefits as red wine
3.Chia Seeds – A seed very rich in vitamins, minerals, and anti oxidants. Has more than 400% calcium than milk. And the same amount of Omega -3s as wild salmon.
4.Broccoli – One of the best foods around. Loaded with Vitamin E and K (moistly beta carotene) folic acid, calcium and fiber.This super food has been shown to assist in reducing heart disease, cataracts, colon and other types of cancers. I personally give my children and myself a serving of this wonderful food everyday.
5. Ligonberries -This is really a great super fruit. These berries originate in Scandinavia and help fight off cancer and diabetes . They serve as a natural antibiotic helping to prevent heat attacks and strokes (i.e. help fiend of cholesterol from damaging arteries) . A truly wonderful anti oxidant !
6.Eggs – Hah, Eggs. Every body seems to love eggs. But so many are led on that eating eggs to frequently can cause a unneeded increase in bad cholesterol. Well, I am here to say one egg a day has been studied upon and declared to be more an asset than liability. As well as protein there are great nutrients including minerals like calcium and magnesium as well vitamins D, A, E, B6, B12 and it can literally go on.! Eggs are rich in carotenoids which is a good promoter of healthy eyes and really reduces vision loss as you get older. So an Egg a day will keep the doctor away and it will NOT make your cholesterol levels go up
7. Beet Juice – When we usually see red in our lives we identify it as being heated or upset. Not so with foods. The redness you find in beet juice comes derived from beta-lain which is a cancer fighting antioxidant . It helps protect the Liver and assists in helping your blood flow more easily . It contains Iron which helps to deliver oxygen throughout the body and reduces the chances of anemia. and fights anemia.
8. Mustard Greens – Not question when you see the word Green in a food then chances are you cannot go wrong. With these seeds the same is true ! You get rich doses of Vitamin K and, they are very good for your blood and bone strength. They are also very rich i n a substance called sulforaphanes . This will help get rid of the bile acid in your body. And the less bile the lass cholesterol which is always a good thing.
9. Sweet Potatoes -This food is very rich in beta carotene and incidentally can claim over 100% more antioxidants than blueberries believe it or not. They have a tremendous amount of vitamin A and C. Rich in beta-carotene and boasting 150% more antioxidants than blueberries, sweet potatoes are also super high in heart-healthy vitamin A and C. Which keeps your immune system strong especially during cold and flu season. Definitely substitute them for regular potatoes. They have so much more nutritional value.
10.Coconut oil – A really good anti oxidant that really keeps your body running in an orderly manner. It can help your immune system in battling bacteria and viruses that may make you ill. It can help with thyroid function and help control bloods sugar. It can also help with digestion, reduce cholesterol, and keep your weight at a balanced level.
I hope you have gotten something out o these tips to lose belly fat and the 10 super foods I talked about.
Remember, eat well and play hard
(Tags include tips to lose belly fat, effective weight loss, how to lose weight after pregnancy )
Okay guys. This blog has just completed its 4 anniversary from its inception in June 2009. HOORAY lol
It has been a pleasure to help many of you who read my blog. And I will continue to provide my expertise on staying healthy, losing weight, and getting fit.
Today I wanted to talk a little bit about a touchy topic for many women. How to lose weight after pregnancy ?
My wife found out in April of 2008 that she was pregnant for the first time with one of those Walmart pregnancy tests.. Later on we found out it was going to be a girl. We were so excited as we scrambled for different names to call our soon to be bundle of joy.
One name that just popped out of my head was Mackenzie. My wife loved it and we decided to use my mother’s middle name Claire. So we were eagerly awaiting for that November 2008 for the birth of little Mackenize Claire.
It could not come soon enough as my wife was really becoming impatient with all the things you have to deal with being pregnant.
One thing she really disliked was the weight gain during this time. It just really bothered her. But to me she never looked so beautiful during this period of time with our little one in her belly
Of course , she could not disagree with my views enough.
But once our baby Mackenzie came out it was like a precious miracle that had been put in our lap.It was and still is up to this day a very joyful event.
After time went along, my wife was eager to get back in the swing of things and get back to her normal weight which was about 40 lbs lighter.
She got back in her routine of doing the elliptical and light weights. But as soon as she was just getting back to where she was, guess what happened ? Thats right…. She became pregnant with our second daughter. She was born in February 2010. I know pretty close together but we figured why not get it all over with
Plus, the girls are 3 and 4 now and are best friends which can be somewhat attributed to their closeness in age.
So that was the end of the baby making factory. Two is plenty for us. hehehe
But as happy as we were my wife wanted to know how to lose weight after pregnancy ? I mean she did a little bit after our first child. But she wanted to completely get back to her normal weight after our second was born.
All I can say to you women out there who want to know how to lose weight after pregnancy is to be patient and do it slowly !
My wife has been doing that the last few years. She has adopted an exercise regimen that she dearly loves, kettle bells and Zumba, and she sets up a time that she can do it every week, week in and week out. She does not over due it because she know she will burn herself out and gain all the pregnancy weight back. And she is so happy to have lost almost all the pregnancy weight and is right close to where she was 5 years ago. Kudos to her and to all you other women who have done it and to the women I know who can do it too !
My wife will also tell you eating is a key in how to lose weight after pregnancy. You just cannot get away from that. Splurging on carbs like she did during her pregnancy was common place but it will get you nowhere after its over with. She concentrates on getting her dose of fresh fruit and nuts as well as lean protein and fat and whole grains.Also drinking plenty of water to keep hydrated and keeping her skin look youthful is a must .
So in conclusion I (and my wife will also ) tell women who want to know how to lose weight after pregnancy to follow a simple exercise and eating regimen that you can make part of your Lifestyle for a very, very long time.
And have patience, patience,and patience!
Oh yeah did I mention you need to have patience :>)
Cheers to a sexy you,