Archive for the ‘ImportFit’ Category
October 25th 2011
Joel Marion ,a fellow health nut and weight loss enthusiasts, came up with his top 3 nutritional bars , and I added one of my own favorites..
1. – Its called KIND
In KIND bars you will find a great blend of dried fruits, nuts, and other top natural ingredients. You should be able to find them at you local health store and in many cases at your regular grocery store.
One highly recommended flavor by many people is the Almond and Apricot with the yogurt bars. They are very scrumptous as well as having very low GI ( scoring a impressive 28) and have about 4 grams of fiber.
2. – Organic Food Bar
This bar really taste great and jams in 22 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber in the protein version.
3. – Prograde Organic Cravers
According to Joe, this is far and beyond the best tasting nutritional bar out on the market ! Its got plenty of fiber and he says the dark chocolate organic flavor is really good. !!
And the chocolate peanut butter also rocks. Right now you can save 15% for another day with the coupon code at Progradestore.com/cravers!!
4. My fav is the Cliff bar !! Its is simple but a great tasting bar, and packs in 10 grams of protein. One of my favorite lunches to make is a cliff bar lightly spread with peanut butter along with some ,carrots, broccoli spears, cauliflower and a apple. I will finish this off with a nutty butty bar for my desert.
Uhmm….uhm just makes me hungry thinking about it !!
Have a great week and remember the coupon for Joe’s fav bar above. It lasts only for one more day.
One of the most surprising benefits I’ve discovered for being engaged to a gal from the Middle East, other than the vast cultural exchange, is the cooking.
Oh, yes ladies… my gal COOKS!
Which is good since I am a lousy cook. : )
Hanna enjoys it… and she brings a Middle Eastern flair to some really boring fitness/bodybuilding foods that I want to share with you today.
Here’s just two quick tips from Hanna on making the ultimate in “boring” foods — egg whites and tuna (yuck) — taste incredible.
Lively Egg White Omelette Read the rest of this entry »
Scott Colby, CPT just interviewed me recently for “Fit Pros Against Cancer.” My job: Help give away a TON of free fitness information to his listeners as they called into the show.
And I think I did a pretty good job.
You tell me… ; )
Here’s what we cover in just about 30 minutes…
- How much fat can you burn (and inches can you lose) in just 6 days?…
- How to make fatloss “easier” (not ‘easy’… but easier!)…
- What to do about perimenopause and menopause stress and the fat-gain that comes with it… AND…
- The “Stress-Free” dietplan for women who fight the “pooch” or who are going through perimenopause or menopause!
- Is exercise worthless if you sit down while you work?…
- What about fitness for “seniors”?… Can you gain muscle and shed fat past the age of 60?
- An inhome exercise that lasts 7 minutes but that can increase the lifespan of women by up to 60%! …
- The shocking truth about whole grains and disease…
- The “myth” of shaping/building muscle AND dropping bodyfat at the same time… hear the TRUTH about this once and for all! …
- How you can have your cake (literally!) and eat it too (i.e. get all the fatburning benefits while still enjoying desserts)…
- How to “reboot” your key fatburning hormone using nothing more than the food in your refrigerator!…
- This freee substance uses 90% or more of your calories… and you need more of it… find out what it is!…
- The “Food Purist” versus the “Food Rebel”… which one are you?…
- The one thing you can to TODAY without hardly any effort to improve your appearance and your health!…
- 2 simple exercises you can do at work to remove back strain and improve your abs (yes… ABS!)…
- Why the “baby boomer” generation is literally being left out of most fitness plans… and a plan that’s perfectly suited for all boomers!…
- The 1 trick I use to workout without nagging injuries! …
- Why exrercise decreases 1 critical sex-hormone… and what you can do to prevent it (even increase it!) …
- The importance of strength over the age of 30 (it’s not what you think… and it’s VITAL!) …
- And more!
Listen By Clicking The Play Button Below!
Products + Free Video Mentioned In Audio Include…
September 7th,2010 Tuesday[ Note: This article was written by Friend and fitness associate Jon Benson. I have his permission to share it with you. Enjoy ]
Several recent studies have pointed to the validity of doing very short cardio sessions (10 minutes) several times a day as being as beneficial… or even better… than one longer session. I agree, assuming you do some form of interval work in your cardio sessions. In fact, unless you want to drop a lot of bodyfat, Read the rest of this entry »
One of the biggest myths out there is the myth that eating healthy costs too much.
Just the opposite… and I’ll prove it to you in three ways
Here’s some sample figures courtesy of my friend Scott Tousignant’s fitness blog…
2 medium size sweet potatoes $1 or… small fries from a fast food joint
2 red peppers $1 or… a can of pop
Bowl of oatmeal with fruit & protein powder $2 or… large bag of chips
6 Chicken Breasts $10 or… a sub combo from a fast food joint
18 eggs $3.50 or… a burger from a fast food joint
2 salmon fillets $15 or… large pizza
Loaded chicken salad (homemade) $3 or… bag of cookies
Large bag of oatmeal $3.50 or… 4 chocolate bars
Not much of a comparison, it is? Read the rest of this entry »
August 31st, Tuesday
Click the title above to leave a COMMENT
My Associate and friend Jon Benson writes some of the most entertaining fitness stuff on the Internet, so I know you will enjoy this recent article from him.
This sounds like a silly question, but it’s really the most important question you can ask:
“What REALLY makes me increase my bodyfat?”
Is it too many calories? Sure. That’s one part. But I know people who can eat 4-5K calories a day and not add an ounce.
Is it dietary fat? Rarely if ever.
Fat is necessary to melt bodyfat. It is true that fat has more calories per gram than protein or carbs, but let’s look at this logically:
40% protein; 40% carbs; 20% fat = 40% fat; 40% protein; 20% carbs
So… no. Increasing your dietary fat does not mean you’ll get fatter…
Your insulin levels are too high.
Elevated insulin is not only the prime cause of diabetes and a sign of being hypoglycemic, but it’s also the prime numero uno reason people get fat. Read the rest of this entry »
There’s not many people who do not want to burn more body fat. Lets face it ALL of us at sometime in Life do want to lose fat around the waist, belly, butt or thighs.
If you are in the fat-burning club, then these 5 easy tips are for you and wil go a long way in help you get that slimmer look:
5 Easy Fat-Burning Tips <— quick tips
Enjoy, and feel free to share this blog post with others.
P.S. If you would rather watch a short video on 3 keys to greater weight loss, then go here:
3 Keys To Weight Loss <— video tips
Also be sure to check out another favorite Site of mine for weight loss and health and fitness :
Lose Weight Easily & Permanently with http://www.weightlossforall.com
They provide free information on dieting including a list of calorie counts in hundreds of common foods, as well as calorie calculators and sample diet menus. With over 600 articles covering topics such as exercise, diets, nutrition, health and weight loss aids.